MolykoteZ Moly-Powder is a very pure form of molybdenum disulfide. It is a gray-black, extremepressure lubricant.
Molykote® Z Moly-Powder effectively lubricates metal surfaces of most kinds in many difficult and extreme environments such as:
• Run-in – Molykote Z Moly-Powder helps to prevent galling and seizing of newly assembled metal surfaces during the critical run-in period
• Press Fitting and Fretting – A lubricating film of molybdenum disulfide worksto reduce the pressures required to press fit, especially on negative clearances, thus reducing the chance of seizure, misalignment and distortion; this lubricant also helps control the tendency for fretting and cold welding of metal surfaces under static pressure in ball and roller bearings, bushings, splines, etc.;disassembly is usually nondestructive.
• Heavy Loads and Slow Speeds – Molykote Z Moly-Powder is effective in lubricating metal surfaces under boundary conditions where an oil film cannot be maintained, i.e., where surface speeds are slow, loads are extremely heavy orinvolve vibration and shock
• Metal Working – This lubricant helps prevent galling, welding and metal pickup on tools and dies in machining, stamping and drawing, bending, thread rolling, cold heading and swagging
• Extreme Environments – Difficult conditions such as in dusty atmospheres, extremes of temperatures, radiation, vacuum, liquid or gaseous oxygen, where ordinary lubricants typically fail
• Metal Machine Parts – The excellent adherence and wear resistance of this powder helps aid in extending the life of metal cams, bearings, ways, gears and other parts
• Reduction of Friction for Plastics, Sintered Metals and Rubber – To give low frictional properties, Molykote Z Moly-Powder may be burnished on, or incorporated into, metal and plastic bearings and gears, O-rings, packings and seals where conventional oil lubrication cannot be used
• Reduces torque and friction
• Withstands pressures approaching 3,500,000 kPa (500,000 psi)
• Resists liquid or gaseous oxygen, radiation, chemical and vacuum environments
• Meets AMS 7866 (MIL-M-7866) specification
• Serviceable temperature range from -226 to 399°C (-375 to 750°F)
• Helps prevent fretting corrosion, galling and seizing
• Low coefficient of friction
• Adheres to many surfaces
• Lubricates in the presence of (and resists) most chemicals and solvents
• Has an average particle size of 4 to 10 microns
No hay valoraciones aún.